Joe Thomas to retire?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ice
    Keymaster

It’s getting serious. JT is spending more time during his press conferences talking about life after football than the upcoming season. He used to be a very private person but suddenly he’s got a podcast and a pregame show and he’s all over social media. He’s going to Bristol to do some broadcasting camp. It’s clear that even if he plays in 2018 we need to start looking for his replacement. That immediately jumps up near the top of our offseason needs.

Personally if Joe does call it a career I’ll support him. He’s been a die hard Brown and will never play anywhere else. He refused a trade to Denver that would have given him a Superbowl ring! He’s done more than his share for this team.

That said if he doesn’t play this season we’re screwed. Fixes? You never find good LT’s on the market, Thomas said that himself.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

So how high are you willing to draft Connor Williams? Does his injury keep him out of consideration at #4? Are you willing to package multiple picks to move up into the 20s to select him?

Dude is athletic as hell for a LT and has great hands and footwork. I don’t like the kid from Notre Dame, he just looks slow to me.

the dude
    Participant

“If he doesn’t play, we’re screwed.”

The clowns win 1 game it’s an improvement and pretty impressive for the Loser Hue Jackson.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

DawgPoundDude
    Participant

Two things that will really simplify how to sum this up:

1. There is no replacing Joe Thomas. Period. We can only hope to get someone half as good. If we’re lucky.

2. Hate to use your own line to sum it up Ice, but at the end of the day, we can lose without him.

But I do agree, whether he’s gonna stick around next year or not, it’s something that needs to be addressed sooner than later.

Dawgstyle
    Participant

We’ve been rebuilding inside out for years. I love Joe and what he has given to the Browns, but the fact of the matter is you can build a sufficient line with 2nd and 3rd day talent. We need skill players.

818 mph. 13,723 feet. 3 second burn.
    https://youtu.be/hy-3bb1Nqy0

Shooter

Please, Joe, while you can still actually walk……walk away.

the dude
    Participant

It would be actually very poetic if he retired the down after his streak of not missing a snap.

Joe should tell the media he doesn’t want to play for the Loser Hue Jackson.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Ice
    Keymaster

Joe should tell the media he doesn’t want to play for the Loser Hue Jackson.

Murmurs are that if Hue was fired JT would retire. May have had something to do with his return.

Honestly this may be a play for money. Joe is 33. He was having his best year before he went down. His current contract ends after this coming season. If money is the only thing between Joe retiring and giving us 2 more years, then that is a worthwhile way to spend it IMO. Give the surefire 1st ballot HOFer whatever he wants. He’s earned it and more.

Shooter

Murmurs are that if Hue was fired JT would retire.

Joe Thomas holds Hue Jackson in very high regard.

the dude
    Participant

Joe Thomas knows losing. He has been part of the tradition. No wonder he likes the Loser Hue Jackson so much. He is the best as Losing for sure!

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Shooter

I’m not sure, but did you just call a perennial All-Pro and future First Ballot Hall of Famer a loser?

the dude
    Participant

Joe Thomas may be one of the greatest of all time at his position. That doesn’t change anything that he has been apart of losing. How many winning seasons has he been apart of? How many playoff games has he played in?

He is part of the losing tradition whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Hue The Loser has set a highlight to Joe’s great career as being apart of a winless team. Hue is the biggest loser this organization has ever had. I hates plenty of the coaches and their terrible draft picks and lack of ability to ever keep a free agent.

Joe knows losing. Look at his record. Hues a loser. Probably why he likes him.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Ice
    Keymaster

So the distinction between Joe Thomas and Hue is that Joe ‘knows’ losing, and Hue is a loser? What is the difference between knowing losing and being a loser?

the dude
    Participant

Joe Thomas has received awards and recognition which in my eyes does not make him a loser.

Hue The Loser Jackson is the worst coach of all time.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

blump
    Participant

I’m sure it’s possible that most of you have already seen this article, written a few days after this thread, but if not:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/23/cleveland-browns-hue-jackson-head-coach

It’s an article written by Joe Thomas about why the browns made the right decision in retaining Hue Jackson. To me, this makes it sound like Joe will be back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar