It's Official. Haley is the OC

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    soup
    Participant
    DawgSoldier
    Participant

I wonder if this points to any particular QB in the draft thats Big Jen like???

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

Ice
    Keymaster

IMO the closest QB to Ben in this draft is Allen. Hate to say it but Kizer is very similar to Ben too.

Soup’s comments notwithstanding Haley is a proven winner.

the dude
    Participant

Anything is better than the Loser Hue calling plays. Hope they change their mind and fire that loser.

Haley has a proven record. People here should be happy.

I am sure stoolers fans are happy we are taking their garbage.

I am a little more confident that even the Loser Hue won’t be able to blow the entire season now.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

soup
    Participant

IMO the closest QB to Ben in this draft is Allen. Hate to say it but Kizer is very similar to Ben too.
    Soup’s comments notwithstanding Haley is a proven winner.

Kurt Warner is nothing like Ben. Don’t look too much into that.

Freedom!!!

soup
    Participant

I asked the biggest sports personality in Pittsburgh (I work with him) about this. His response.

“They had to hire somebody. Haley will take their first overall pick and make him hate football within 15 minutes.”

I had to laugh. Haley and Ben loathed each other. Warner, however, made an encouraging statement saying he’d suit up to play for him again.

Personality will be key for Haley and the new QB

Freedom!!!

DawgPoundDude
    Participant

There are those with concerns that Haley won’t have playcalling duties…I’m pretty confident that he wouldn’t have taken the job were that the case.

I can say that something like this should have happened from the start though, or at least last season, that we should have had an OC calling plays. It definitely shows an arrogant side of Hue to continue to call plays and manage game situations after winning one fucking game. Still, it shows that he’s learned from the experience.

My take is this- Haley is a great hire, and even considering how badly things have been for this team, I think that if the right moves are made this off-season, we may end up with a solid team. There’s a lot of talent that’s shown up individually, and with the right pieces in place, something positive could finally happen. Haley might be the guy to put it all together.

Either that, or Hue will be gone. And it would be well-deserved. There’s no excuses this time.

DawgPoundDude
    Participant

I asked the biggest sports personality in Pittsburgh (I work with him) about this. His response.
    “They had to hire somebody. Haley will take their first overall pick and make him hate football within 15 minutes.”
    I had to laugh. Haley and Ben loathed each other. Warner, however, made an encouraging statement saying he’d suit up to play for him again.
    Personality will be key for Haley and the new QB

Yeah, I read something on that too. Let’s face it though- Ben is one arrogant fucker, with good reason. Haley probably is too, so it’s likely an ego thing with those two.

Let’s hope whoever we get here gets along with him, or it’ll probably be another long season.

soup
    Participant

More scoop.

Haley during the week is straight forward, rigid and all about preparation. He’ll whip them into shape.

That statement was followed up by “eventually he’ll wear out his welcome because he’s a dick.”

Told to me by a different person who has the inside info on things.

Freedom!!!

soup
    Participant

Email from a friend of mine that’s a Steelers fan who’s very knowledgable. 3 Different people’s perspectives who watched 6 years of Haley:

“It’s at least a very interesting hire and could work out well for the Browns. Haley will do all he can to ensure that the QB is protected. Unlike Bruce Arians, he uses a fullback. He believes in a quick passing game and he is fairly innovative. Josh Gordon will be the major beneficiary. I hated the lack of calls for a sneak when the situation screamed out for it, but it’s hard to question 42 points against that Jaguars defense. We’ll never win another Super Bowl with Tomlin in charge but Haley was not our biggest problem. The organization’s general immaturity and lack of discipline, all of which starts with Tomlin, and a below average DC will doom us for years to come. By the time he’s gone, which won’t be for at least 2 more unfulfilling seasons, the window will be closed and we’ll be in full rebuild mode.

The issue, as it always is with Haley, is his ability to work with others. He is undeniably a first class jagoff. In all likelihood the Browns will have a very young QB. He had problems with future HOF’s in Kurt Warner and Ben, so I wonder how his act will be received by someone with no NFL credentials. Also, the rest of the staff will hate him. At this point I don’t know that it should be an issue because the first two years of the Jackson era have been an historical failure. Some friction may be good. And, Jackson certainly looked overwhelmed on the sideline as he tried to be a HC and OC at the same time. Maybe he’ll be better at his job once he delegates the coordinator duties. He certainly can’t get any worse. ”

Freedom!!!

DawgPoundDude
    Participant

Some friction may be good. And, Jackson certainly looked overwhelmed on the sideline as he tried to be a HC and OC at the same time. Maybe he’ll be better at his job once he delegates the coordinator duties. He certainly can’t get any worse. ”

This was right along my line of thinking. Haley has a proven track record as an OC and even a HC. Even if he does ruffle some feathers, let him do his job and hopefully Hue will step up his game.

On a side note- it looks as if your sig time is soon to expire Soup. I implore you to make another stupid bet with Shooter. I mean, you have a shot, right?

the dude
    Participant

Ben rapes someone and maybe a second. His opinion to me means nothing as he should be in jail.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

Jackson Haley and Dorsey all have histories of selecting/molding big strong armed QB’s from what I can gather.

Personally Like Darnold And Allen. Allen’s shear potential amazes me.

He moves like Aaaron Rodgers. Is big as Big Ben and has a Marino plus arm.

I have no idea about what he has between the ears but Haley and Jackson can harness all that potential/talent….WOW.

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

So, first, I do have to eat some crow because I never thought for one second Hue would hire an accomplished OC and turn over playcalling duties. Feelings about Haley aside, Browns fans should be happy that Hue was able to get out of the way of his own ego.

That said, the thing that scares me about this move is if we start out really bad (wouldn’t be a shock) and Jimmy decides to give Haley a long look as an interim coach. I want no part of him as HC, as he’s already proven he’s not good, and Jen doesn’t get along well enough with others for that role. As an OC though, I’m upset with the hire.

At the very least, I feel better about this hire than I did about Gregg Williams.

Ice
    Keymaster

I can say that something like this should have happened from the start though, or at least last season, that we should have had an OC calling plays. It definitely shows an arrogant side of Hue to continue to call plays and manage game situations after winning one fucking game. Still, it shows that he’s learned from the experience.

Hue addressed that in a presser around week 12. He said he’s not gonna hire an OC for this (2017) season knowing the challenges the offense would have. It wouldn’t be fair to that OC, because whoever it was they’d get blamed for the offense and get ridden out of town on a rail. He actually said something to that effect during the season. Kinda the opposite of arrogant if it’s the truth.

Shooter

On a side note- it looks as if your sig time is soon to expire Soup. I implore you to make another stupid bet with Shooter. I mean, you have a shot, right?

I’m sure I can make it happen.

the dude
    Participant

I look at it this way at least that Loser Hue Jackson isn’t going to be calling his Loser plays that cause these guys to go 0-16 and become losers again.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

It just occured to me that with the recent hires, we now have at least 4 coaches on staff that have been offensive coordinators for other teams (Hue, Al Saunders, Haley, and Zampese). If we can’t field a decent offense, it’s not for lack of knowhow.

soup
    Participant

Hue addressed that in a presser around week 12. He said he’s not gonna hire an OC for this (2017) season knowing the challenges the offense would have. It wouldn’t be fair to that OC, because whoever it was they’d get blamed for the offense and get ridden out of town on a rail. He actually said something to that effect during the season. Kinda the opposite of arrogant if it’s the truth.

Found it:

“I got the job because of what I did on offense,” Jackson said. “I didn’t think it was fair to give anybody that title and not have a football team that was worthy of that guy to be the leader of it when I didn’t think it was where it needed to be. To me, you guys would have been telling me to get rid of him.”

Freedom!!!

the dude
    Participant

It just occured to me that with the recent hires, we now have at least 4 coaches on staff that have been offensive coordinators for other teams (Hue, Al Saunders, Haley, and Zampese). If we can’t field a decent offense, it’s not for lack of knowhow.

Browns get rejects. It’s not like any of these guys are blockbuster hires.

At the end of the day, Loser Hue Jackson will still lose. He has tons and tons of talent under him but he is a terrible coach.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

Browns get rejects. It’s not like any of these guys are blockbuster hires.
    At the end of the day, Loser Hue Jackson will still lose. He has tons and tons of talent under him but he is a terrible coach.

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried.

First, Hue Jackson was a blockbuster hire, and I’d recommend you enter the leagues concussion protocol if you want to dispute that. Mike Pettine was a reject, desperation hire. Hue Jackson was in demand, and passed on other jobs to come to the Browns. You have long term memory loss.

Ken Zampese is far from a reject. He was the Bengals QB coach from 2003-2015. I’d say Palmer and Dalton played pretty well during his tenure. He only failed when he was promoted to OC. But we didn’t hire him as an OC, we hired him as a QB coach.

Saunders has bounced around the league, so you could potentially call him a reject, be he’s a million years old and has a very vague “senior offensive assistant” title, so I give it a pass.

And Haley, questionable play calls aside, has been wildly successful as an OC. So much that he hired as a HC because of it. Calling him a reject is pretty close to calling Dick Lebeaux a reject DC. Just doesn’t make sense.

the dude
    Participant

Haley can’t hold LeBeaux’s jock strap.

Just because you are given talent doesn’t mean you did a good job. Dalton was pretty solid and a winner while I think Palmers career is pretty clear too. An argument could be made that every offensive coordinator or qb coach under manning is the best ever.

Didnt Mike Pettine just take a job with the packers? We have Loser Hue Jackson who only knows how to lose.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Ice
    Keymaster

Haley wasn’t just given talent, he also found it. Apparently he was the one who stood on a chair for Juju Smith Schuster in the draft room. When Brown went down, Schuster immediately became what he is now. In fact if you look at Schuster’s stats in the first half of the season they are almost identical to Corey Coleman’s. Maybe Haley can give Jobu the right rum and give Corey some of that magic Juju.

If not, maybe he can help find the next Juju in the draft.

Ice
    Keymaster

“I got the job because of what I did on offense,” Jackson said. “I didn’t think it was fair to give anybody that title and not have a football team that was worthy of that guy to be the leader of it when I didn’t think it was where it needed to be. To me, you guys would have been telling me to get rid of him.”

Thanks Soup. I’m glad you picked up where my laziness left off.

That’s a pretty self-deprecating quote, wouldn’t you agree @dawgpounddude ? A guy who thinks that way and has the guts to even blurt it out in the middle of a no-win embarrassing season is not likely arrogant.

soup
    Participant

Haley wasn’t just given talent, he also found it. Apparently he was the one who stood on a chair for Juju Smith Schuster in the draft room. When Brown went down, Schuster immediately became what he is now. In fact if you look at Schuster’s stats in the first half of the season they are almost identical to Corey Coleman’s. Maybe Haley can give Jobu the right rum and give Corey some of that magic Juju.

If not, maybe he can help find the next Juju in the draft.

He battled a couple injuries early too.

Freedom!!!

blump
    Participant

I don’t love Haley but it can’t get any worse than what we’ve had the last 2 years. Psyched

blump
    Participant

Come on though, seriously? If it’s the truth?

I’ve been using that same quote all year to show how much of a douche bag Hue Jackson is.

I didn’t think anybody bought that line of BS….

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar