Game balls and goats week 6 vs Chargers

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    soup
    Participant

Game balls:

None. They played like the 0-16 Browns

Goats:

Officials. I know it’s mandated that the officials guarantee Browns opposition points. But that false start was unacceptable.

Mayfield- just a shit game. Sacked himself multiple times.

Rest of the Browns. Just tradh

Freedom!!!

Shooter

I know it’s mandated that the officials guarantee Browns opposition points

Show me the memo. I want to know how you know when the rest of us don’t.

soup
    Participant

I know it’s mandated that the officials guarantee Browns opposition points

Show me the memo. I want to know how you know when the rest of us don’t.

Hyde reversal of 1st

Landry raped in OT on 4tg and 5 last week

Most blatant false start in NFL history not called today.

Week 1 fake roughing call on Garrett on 3rd down

Non call on Haden on Gordon in endzone week 1 (should’ve been 1st and goal on the 1)

TD taken away vs Raiders on the Carr fumble for “in the grasp” which hasn’t existed since the 80s

And that’s just this year

Freedom!!!

Shooter

While I allow Soup time to climb down from the peak of Mount Hyperbole, I have a simple question maybe some of you could help me with.

Why, uh, did we trade Gordon? Asking for a friend.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

I’m so fucking sick of everybody telling me how great Gregg Williams is. His defenses give up a ton of yards, and. Are focused on getting turnovers. When those don’t come, the defense is terrible. Situationally, he’s garbage. Always gives up points after the browns offense makes a play. Todays rushing defense was beyond comical. I could have run for 100 against them.

The Browns have good players, I just have no faith in Williams as a DC.

The offense, just catch a freaking pass. It’s criminal how bad the receivers hands are.

Baker, you knew he’d have to take some lumps this year. There’ll be better days ahead for him. Every qb struggles around their 4th, 5th, 6th starts as teams get more tape on them and start to figure them out. The ones that make it are those that can adjust their game when this happens. Baker will be able to do that.

thatdawgcanhunt
    Participant

Outcoached and out-game planned, easy as that to me.
    Haley calling a gimmicky flip pass at the goal line down 21 or whatever it was. WTF

soup
    Participant

While I allow Soup time to climb down from the peak of Mount Hyperbole, I have a simple question maybe some of you could help me with.
    Why, uh, did we trade Gordon? Asking for a friend.

Because we had a zero tolerance policy on him for the culture of the team. That’s been stated multiple times.

Freedom!!!

the dude
    Participant

I wish Gregg Williams would make more tackles. His lack of tackles are preventing the rest of the Browns from looking good. Shame on Gregg Williams. He needs to go back to tackling school.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Gameball:

Shooter

I’m so fucking sick of everybody telling me how great Gregg Williams is.

He’s returned Peppers back to his natural position of kickoff returner on every defensive formation, so that’s awesome.

thatdawgcanhunt
    Participant

After watching the first half again, this was a damn odd game….It was 7-3 until midway thru the 2nd and Browns were right there.
    Then Chargers scored on the long pass: 14-3.
    2 minutes left 1st half: Browns have a chance to score, 4th and 2 they go for it and fail. Could’ve easily been 14-6.
    Announcers saying it’s “all Chargers.” It really wasn’t if you take away the long TD pass that made it 14-3.
    Chargers get ball back, drive inside Browns territory and then the no-call on false start. Which was on a 3rd and 6.
    21-3 game basically over. That no call had a HUGE effect.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

We had no answer for their run game, our front seven got steamrolled all day. That’s why we lost. Absolutely zero excuses in this one.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

I have to agree with MDP. I love blaming the refs as much as the next guy, but that call was irrelevant.

At one point, the chargers faced a 1st and 25 because of penalties. My wife and I bet on which down they would convert on. She had first, I said they’d get close on 1st and pickup the 1st down on 2nd down.

1st down they gained about 19 yards, 2nd down they got the first.

blump
    Participant

What a bummer…

I think we bought into the hype a little bit (i know that seems crazy because there shouldnt have been much hype).. Came out flat and got stomped from the start.

We really need to get better at tackling, or we’re going to end up 4-11-1 or worse. Our best linebacker, Schobert, leads the league in missed tackles… I don’t know whether I’m more disappointed in Kirksey or Collins… Kirksey looks like he took the whole offseason off… Collins looks like he’s taking the whole season off again (he has had a few moments, but he’s so lazy sometimes)… When he got punked by Rivers on the 26th end-around they ran in a row, I was about ready to turn it off. Wouldn’t have thought it possible, but Burgess has taken a step back this year… Might need to get another linebacker in here. We could use Kendricks right now.. These guys have done it before though, I’m still holding out hope Kirksey and/or Collins can get it together.

The secondary didn’t play as bad as it looked either; I still love that group. Peppers has played pretty well all year but he was really starting to get going before yesterday, and Randall is playing like a pro bowl safety. And those 2 are the only guys on our team who can tackle. Peppers had a bad game in coverage yesterday… He was definitely responsible on several big throws.. But at least he hits.

Chris Hubbard was f_cking garbage again, I had a feeling he was a bad idea in the offseason but I got talked into it.. Hoping we have someone to make a change with there soon.. Harrison is just as bad, but at least you can see the potential there. They might be even worse in the run game… Has to be the worst 2 starting OT’s in the league, except maybe Houston. We probably need to start scheming around them both.

Baker Mayfield didn’t seem like his usual self, but the OL play was especially bad this week. Chargers were in his face a few times early and he couldn’t figure them out. Hopefully he’ll bounce back strong next week.

I’ll give them a pass this week if they come out strong next week. It’s still early and they’re still a hell of a lot more interesting than the last couple years.

blump
    Participant

Oh, and Landry needs to quit pouting and catch the M___f___ing ball….

soup
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t explain the ref portion. We got smashed. Had we lost by 7 or less I’d put it on the officiating for that, but 38-14? No, not my intent. 31-14 or 38-14 – it was garbage effort and performance. Why they let Snoop into practice is beyond me. He’s a Steeelr die hard. Keep the celebs out. But they still deserved a goat for that non call.

Freedom!!!

blump
    Participant

He’s a Steeelr die hard.

I don’t think that’s a thing.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Came out flat and got stomped from the start.
    We really need to get better at tackling, or we’re going to end up 4-11-1 or worse. Our best linebacker, Schobert, leads the league in missed tackles… I don’t know whether I’m more disappointed in Kirksey or Collins… Kirksey looks like he took the whole offseason off… Collins looks like he’s taking the whole season off again (he has had a few moments, but he’s so lazy sometimes)… When he got punked by Rivers on the 26th end-around they ran in a row, I was about ready to turn it off. Wouldn’t have thought it possible, but Burgess has taken a step back this year… Might need to get another linebacker in here. We could use Kendricks right now.. These guys have done it before though, I’m still holding out hope Kirksey and/or Collins can get it together.

The secondary didn’t play as bad as it looked either; I still love that group. Peppers has played pretty well all year but he was really starting to get going before yesterday, and Randall is playing like a pro bowl safety. And those 2 are the only guys on our team who can tackle. Peppers had a bad game in coverage yesterday… He was definitely responsible on several big throws.. But at least he hits.

We’re super aggressive on defense, trying to jump the snap, make a quick read and attack. The Chargers had that scouted and used misdirection to chatch our linebackers off balance all day, while our line was getting shoved all over the place. Run straight at Garrett and he often runs right past the ball carrier trying to jump the QB.

Between that, and their defense stopping us by containing Baker and forcing him to be a conventional pocket QB, they basically wrote the book on us. I’m truly interested to see how we adjust.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

Disagree on the “pocket qb”. Baker IS a pocket qb. He’s reluctant to run, even when it’s wide open for him.

Baker did have a bad day, but it’s not because they kept him in the pocket. More likely thy just showed him some things on D that he wasn’t prepared for. And they shut down Landry, and Calloway can’t catch anything and behind him is a bunch of slings and casts.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

If you need a reason to be positive this morning, I just saw a post on Twitter where somebody (maybe Cowherd?) posted the 9 teams they thought could win the super bowl. 4 of the 6 opponents the Browns have faced were in the list, and the Browns were 1-2-1 against them, and could’ve easily been 3-1.

Sunday was terrible, but we’re closer to the team we saw the first 5 weeks than the team we saw on Sunday.

Ice
    Keymaster

Baker deserves a goat. In this game he turned from Brett Favre into Brett Hundley. He became gun-shy and tentative. A lot of those sacks were on him for holding onto the ball way too long. He had a shit game, but I’m convinced he’ll bounce back. He’ll watch the film and be absolutely sick.

Special teams had their best game all year. Peppers finally showed some of the ability he’d had in college. Our offense was constantly given decent field position thanks to his returns and IIRC only one of them was called back because of a stupid penalty.

BLUMP!! Hope to see more of you around here.

Gameball to my hotel in Mexico. I was able to watch most of the game on my tablet on the beach. Also big gameball to my bartender Marcaro who kept my margarita full and eased the sadness. Final gameball to the smoking hot chick in the bikini who kept me distracted throughout the entire game. So glad I married her 14 years ago.

the dude
    Participant

Where in Mexico did you go? My family and I have been doing a resort in Cabos the last couple of years….

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Ice
    Keymaster

Playa Mujeres, near Cancun. Went to an all-inclusive resort called Excellence Playa Mujeres. I highly HIGHLY recommend it.

Shooter

Ahh, Mexican resorts. Where unsuspecting Americans go to get roofied raped and robbed. I’m SO THERE!!!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

It’s only rape if you don’t want it to happen.

DawgPoundDude
    Participant

It’s only rape if you don’t want it to happen.

So you weren’t raped, you’re just broke now. Got it.

As long as you had a good time.

DawgPoundDude
    Participant

I think this loss was going to happen sooner or later, and I’m glad it wasn’t to a division opponent. It showed the weaknesses that need to be addressed by the coaches and adjust to what LA threw at us. Our defense just got embarrassed, but I believe they’ll adjust. Our offense is going to be tested due to being so shorthanded with all these injuries at receiver, but we honestly need to be running the ball more, and with Chubb and Duke getting the ball more often. And of course, it’s dependant upon how well Baker bounces back, if at all.

This next game at TB will be very telling on where we’re really at.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar